My husband and I love to watch cooking shows. Our version of a cozy night in is to cuddle on the sofa with a glass of red and watch Nigella, Gordon Ramsay, Barefoot contessa, Anthony Bourdain or Jamie Oliver cook up a storm. One night we were watching Nigella (cook, eat, give us a sexy look, bake, eat…you know what I’m talking about 😉 ) and she made this super easy Nutella cheesecake. I LOVE Nutella (please don’t tell anyone) so I had to try this cake. And of course my whole family loved it!
My older daughter (I have 4 kids!) who just turned 13 this month requested this cheesecake for her birthday, so of course I made the cake and I used the opportunity to take some pictures for this blog of mine. And here they are. I so highly recommend this cake for all of you who love hazelnut and chocolate and cheesecake 😉
Here’s Nigella’s recipe.
I have tweaked it a little, for example I don’t use hazelnuts ( I think they get soft when they’re scattered on top of the cake and I don’t like that) I also make a little bit more of the biscuit base just because I love the biscuit part 😉
Now, here is my recipe:
- 300 grams digestive biscuits
- 85 grams soft unsalted butter
- 1 x 400 grams jar nutella (at room temperature)
- 400 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 60 grams icing sugar (sifted)
- Break the digestives into the bowl of a food processor, add the butter, a 15ml tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump.
- Tip into a 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
- Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.